Increasing imports from China
- Chinese equipment manufacturer have a strong in some segments like wheel loaders (Market Share -12 Percent), dozers (Market Share- 13 Percent)
- Chinese equipment tends to be price competitive, thereby putting downward pressure on price of domestic equipment manufacturer.
Rising private sector share
- The private sector’s share holders across key infrastructure segments, ranging from road and communication stop power and air ports.
- Of the total planned infrastructure investments worth USD 1 trillion during the 12th five year plan, the share of private sector is estimated to be 47 percent, up from 25 percent during the 10th five year plan.
Rapidly growing excavator segment
- The share of crawler excavator is estimated to increase 28.95 % by 2018 from the current 18.96 %, mainly on demand for mid-sized crawlers (20 tons) from the construction segment.
- Demand for large excavators (30 tonnes) used in the mining segment is also expected to increase in the year to come.
- Several Indian firm are entering into tie-ups for equipment rental & leasing business, E.g. – Tie –up between SREI infrastructure BNP Paribas.
- This is expected to drive of equipment in future.
- The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15-20 percent 2015.
- There is demand for equipment’s for niche applications
- The manufacturers have also started giving end to ends solution to cater this demand.